What We Do

We have served Uganda for the last four years.
John served at the church's operations director and then re-opened Calvary Chapel Bible College Uganda in 2014.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Just Another Day in Kampala

December 4, 2013

Driving into church, I see a police barricade blocking a major street.
I count five armored police vehicles with water cannons.
All are ready to roll.

The military is here too.
Hmm.  That's never good.

My phone beeps with an incoming message.
It's the US Embassy advising me to avoid the area.
"Demonstrations," it says.

I hear some loud booms off in the distance.
I know the sound.  Tear gas as being fired.

People all begin running in one direction.  Away.
Only a few are covering their mouths.
Good, it's not that close.


Tear Gas Cloud Appearing Behind a Building

A cloud appears behind a building, and my eyes begin to sting.
Tear gas cloud.  Time to close the windows.

Just another day in Kampala.


John Eastham,
Missionary to Uganda