What We Do

We have served Uganda for the last four years.
John served at the church's operations director and then re-opened Calvary Chapel Bible College Uganda in 2014.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

A New Boarding Pass



I was at JFK airport and getting ready to board my long flight to London going back to Uganda.  I handed my boarding pass to the airline's ticket agent.  He scanned the paper, but the device rejected my boarding pass and flashed a red light.  That's usually not good.  Then he typed my name into a nearby computer.  (Did he look perplexed?  Or can you say "unsatisfied,") Then he jumped over to another computer.  At this point I was getting worried about being allowed on the plane.  I said a quick prayer.

The man then grabbed a paper that was sitting on the counter and handed it to me.  It was a new boarding pass.

"Were you traveling in economy?" he asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"Someone bumped you up to World Traveler" he replied.

I was not really sure what that was, but it sounded good, and I was just happy to get on the plane.  My new seat was five rows in front of where I was before, but I didn't pay it any attention.

The seat had a lot more leg room than I expected.  I also noticed an electrical socket to keep my laptop charged.  Then the flight attendant handed me a small card.  I figured it was an immigration form.  It wasn't.  I was surprised to find out it was a dinner menu, and I could choose between steak and ravioli.

Then I realized that I had been upgraded to business class!  How I got the upgrade is beyond my comprehension.

So I just thanked God and enjoyed a great steak dinner, extra leg room, and a reclining chair.  I even hot a few hours of good sleep.  Thank you, God, for a free and unexpected upgrade to business class on a long flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment